How many times has it happened to you that you want to use some of your necklaces and discover that they are all tangled? Have you ever worn a ring that is not your size? Does it sound familiar? In this blog I am going to tell you about some tricks that will make your life easier, you will save time, take care of your jewelry and you will not have any problem. Keep reading and discover everything I have to tell you!
- Trick # 1: Know the exact size for your rings.
Many times, to know our ring size we test ourselves one after another with the risk that, in that process, one of the rings will no longer come out and get stuck in our finger. To prevent that from happening I will tell you a simpler way to measure your finger.
- Cut a strip of paper and wrap your finger with it as if it were a ring.
- Make a mark at the place where the paper is attached and then use a ruler or tape to measure and see the distance.
- Check the table and according to the measure you get, it will be the size of your ring. Easy! Right?
- Trick # 2: Remove a trapped ring from your finger.
You will need dental floss, some soap or cream, and a pin or thin pointed object.
- Cut a long piece of floss.
- With the pin, one end of the thread passes under the ring.
- Apply a little soap or cream to help you lubricate the affected area.
- Floss around your entire finger until it reaches the tip of it. Slightly tighten the thread while wrapping your finger but avoid cutting off the circulation.
- Now just unroll the floss from the base of your finger. When you do this, the thread will slowly pull out the ring. In case it does not come out completely, you must repeat the same operation from the position where it got stuck.
- Trick # 3: Ketchup and beer not only serve as food.
If you want to brighten your jewelry, beer is the best. You just have to pour some beer in a container and submerge your accessories for 15 to 20 minutes. After that time, take out your jewelry and dry it with a soft, damp cloth.
If what you want is to remove some stains, ketchup is the product you need. Take a little of the product with a soft cloth and rub the jewel; later, you just have to remove the excess and voila! The spots will be gone.
- Trick # 4: Use straws to store your thin necklaces.
Forget about tangled necklaces! Take a straw and insert one end of the chain of your necklace into it. Once inside, close the chain and you will see that you will not suffer again from tangled necklaces.
- Trick # 5: Baby powder to untangle your necklaces.
If your necklace is already tangled you can put some baby powder on the affected area and you can untangle it more easily. Try it, you will save a lot of time!
- Trick # 6: Saltwater, perfume, and sweat are the worst enemies of your jewelry.
I recommend that, if you are going to exercise or go on vacation to the beach, do not wear jewelry. This will help preserve the natural shine of your accessories. Further; If you are going to wear perfume, try that when you apply it, it will not fall on your jewels so you will avoid staining or becoming opaque.
Rest assured that these simple (but useful) tips will save you a lot of time, money and you can take better care of your jewelry and accessories. Remember that in WTC Jewelers we have a variety of products so you can complement your outfit and shine anywhere. Know us!