A lot of people tend to leave laundered clothes everywhere – on the bed, the floor, or sometimes, draped over a chair – places where clothes do not actually belong. Learning how to fold clothes properly is important. With these folding techniques, it will be easier to keep clothes wrinkle-free and the house clean and tidy.
Perfect Folding Techniques for Shirts
This is the easiest way of folding shirts. It’s best for short-sleeved shirts, but can also be used for long-sleeved shirts.
- Place the shirt with the front facing up on flat surface
- Keep the arms together by folding the shirt vertically in half
- Fold the sleeves towards the shirt’s back
- Let the shirt hem touch the neck part by folding it horizontally
- Flatten the shirt for a neat fold
Another method for folding shirts is this one that is commonly used in retail shops. This folding technique takes some practice to get right. But, if you got lot of shirts that look similar, this makes it easier to tell them apart.
- Hold the shirt in front of you by the shoulders between forefinger and thumb.
- Use your spare fingers to fold the sleeves back.
- Fold it in half horizontally so that the hem touches the neck. Then smooth.
Folding Techniques for Pants – You Need to Know
Fold pants without a crease – this can be used for anything from jeans to khakis.
- Begin this folding technique by holding the pants in front of you
- Then fold the pants vertically – the front part inside
- Fold the legs halfway up meeting the waist
- Fold again until you got a neat square fold and one back pocket on top.
This is a technique for folding creased trousers. These pants should be folded in such a way that the crease, not the seam is in front.
- Hold the pants from the cuffs and make sure that the pant’s crease stays in front.
- Fold the legs together going up to the knee part, letting the waistline and hem touch.
- Fold again so the the knee part is on top, touching the waistline.